Anyone can learn how to draw well.
There is a misconception that being able to draw is an inbuilt talent, only given to a lucky few. But I am a firm believer that drawing is a skill that can be learnt. Like all skills, it will take some longer to learn than others, but it’s most definitely something you can learn.
If you’ve always wondered how you can achieve the same results as your favourite artists and create drawings to be proud of you’re in the right place.
(Please note, the following Skillshare links are affiliate links. This means I receive a commission when you sign up after following one of my links. It also means I receive an income while being able to offer my drawing class to you for free!)
My Drawing Class
I launched my class, Pet Portraits 101: How to Draw Pets in Pencil just for you.
Created especially for beginner artists, or those new to drawing realistically with graphite pencil, this class will:
- Cover how to choose drawing materials that will help you achieve your best results.
- Help you choose the right photographs as references for interesting and engaging pet portraits.
- Demystify the process of drawing realistic pets with step by step demos and tutorials.
- Teach you fundamental drawing techniques that you’ll be able to use for drawing any subject!
- Show you how to observe like an artist, an essential skill for accurate, realistic drawings.
Learn for Free!
I made Pet Portraits 101 available on the learning platform Skillshare so I could offer it to as many budding artists as possible!
Skillshare is a subscription-based platform that has tens of thousands of classes to choose from, covering subjects from drawing and painting to website design and small business skills.
A Skillshare Premium subscription costs only $12 per month, or $8 per month if you purchase an annual subscription.
But the best bit is, if you’re not already a Skillshare member, you can get 2 months Premium membership for free!
Simply sign up using my affiliate link (I will get a commission, but it won’t cost you anything extra) and you’ll get access to Pet Portraits 101 (plus all the other classes) for nothing.
Recommended Drawing Classes
I don’t only teach on Skillshare, I use it to learn new skills and techniques too!
Here are just a few of the classes I recommend for developing your own drawing skills beyond the basics:
- Draw Anything: Basic Techniques for Realistic Proportions
- Shading & Values: Use the Power of Light and Shadow to Create Realistic Art
- Learn to Draw: Daily Practices to Improve your Drawing Skills
- Start Drawing: Techniques for Pencil Portraits
- Let’s Draw: Sketch Realistic Eyes with Pencils
- Painting with Coloured Pencils: A Beginner’s Guide
- Find Your Line: Develop your Drawing Style
- Ink Drawing Boot Camp: Build Killer Skills